Gemini Dhar on How to Empower A Woman

I met Gemini Dhar at US Consulate Mumbai where she was honored at  Woman's Day function. And we talked about her new book '9 Ways to Empower' which is basically a motivational work. 



Gemini is a fashion entrepreneur, empowerment coach, author, artist, health trainer  as well as consultant, creative head, thinking hacker, transformation specialist, negativity assassin all rolled into middle aged and middle sized attractive package !

She wanted to do something wonderful in life as she was growing as a child. Suddenly everything changed one fine October morning it was her mother's birthday and her father collapsed and passed away. That was the day her entire focus of life changed from her to her mother who was a heart patient. From demanding daughter, She took role of breadearner for the family. She quips,' I nudged myself to excel and to make my mother proud of me. I entered into fashion designing and was trained under likes of Wendell Rodricks, Hemant Trivedi, Geeta Castellino and Neeta Lulla.'

Her journey from an assistant to Head of Department via fashion designing, merchandising in a short span of two years was very impressive, she quickly learnt new skills and made her ready for the next challenge.Soon she realised that her skill will flourish more if she starts her own, she started an export house designing jalabiyas with her husband, crossed a turnover of Rs.100 Crore in ten year time.

While you do your own business you ride is always like a roller coaster with challenges like health issues, debts, not being in control of finances, fear of loosing it all and not been able to control life the way you want. In between business and family you try to balance. This is precisely happened with  Gemini also.

How she coped up ?

She says,' After working day and night for 22 years under constant pressure, I had realization that what I really needed to do is to become a woman of health and power. I did not want power as in strength but as in character to help me go through any situation in life, strong enough to handle them.
I feel that my future is in my control. I have started dictating the course of my life. I am making head-away in the direction of my dreams, goals, and deleting all ifs and buts from my life.'

'Gemini what is the best way to learn ?'

'Every person we meet or read about is contributing to our values and beliefs. Believe me each belief either empower us or takes us a few steps behind achieving our goals.Belief is also something which gives us lot in our life.If we believe looking at a figure or an idol we see God, then yes, we really see God. If by raising our hands towards the sky, we soak energy into us,then yes. And by the way, every body has a different set of belief that decides his gain. For example beliefs of eagle and parrot are different. So you can see that the parrot's flight is limited whereas an eagle flies much higher.'

'Gemini how you chased your dreams ?'

'It all began with a dream.I heard Abba's song I Have a Dream, it ignited my imagination. I feel that desires become dreams, needs become dreams, happiness become dreams. These dreams bring out the emotions and passions that push us into achieving impossible. The beauty is when your dreams become your goals, the fire in your soul ignites and pushes you further and further in the direction you want, creating pathways to them. Nothing can raise your confidence and bring you joy like when your dreams come true than your happiness sees no limits!'

'What is your greatest strength as a person ?'

'It is power to say 'No'. Most of us feel that people do not want to hear a No. Yet is so very important to have courage to say it. We often hear - Not right now!, Not this way!,No Thank You! or just NO! I feel that power to refuse or decline something is ultimate. It shows that you are a woman of strength, dignity and honesty. Okay, a plain No can be taken as insult or could be construed as rude. Yet, there are ways to say No  by using proper words instead of a blunt refusal. There are words like : 
Not this way.
Not right now
Not for me, thank you.
I feel that a woman who politely learn to say No soon achieve a strong quality, which  is to stay strong in the face of adversity.'

Gemini also conduct programs called,'Take Charge 5X'.  It is about transforming belief system and give mindset for growth. It is a room of go-getters who work with the attributes of a 5X achiever. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Peep Into Life Of A Stand-up Comedian - Punit Pania

Is Kedli Mother of Idli : Tried To Find Out Answer In Indonesia

Searching Roots of Sir Elton John In Pinner ,London